ES2 offers the following courses as a registered CES provider
Select course title for more information
ES2AIA107 - MEP Insights to the IECC and Title 24 Energy Codes
Insight and education that will assist architects improve their knowledge of engineering requirements found in the International Energy Conservation Code and California Title 24 energy codes. The presentation will focus on engineering requirements that impact the architectural to direct design responsibilities.
- To be familiar with the different energy codes and their requirements to increase awareness of future direction in code revisions.
- To understand the various paths for energy code compliance.
- To understand mechanical requirements that impact architectural design scope.
- To understand electrical requirements that impact architectural design scope.
ES2AIA114 - Got SMEP? An Architect’s Primer and Rules of Thumb for SMEP Design
- Strategies for coordinating and managing structural systems.
- Strategies for coordinating and managing mechanical systems.
- Strategies for coordinating and managing electrical systems.
- Strategies for coordinating and managing plumbing systems.
ES2AIA115 - SMEP Lessons Learned for Hotel and Multifamily Projects
- To become familiar with different construction methods for different building configurations.
- To better understand simple HVAC system types and efficiency requirements (PTAC’s, VTAC’s, Split DX, etc.).
- To become familiar with some design elements that lead to a code required generator.
- To gain a basic understanding of CHP (combined heat and power) systems and how it may benefit the project.
ES2AIA116 - Fire Rated Construction – An Overview for Wood-Framed Buildings
- Increased understanding of when is fire rated construction required.
- Increased understanding of optimal locations within building for locating fire walls.
- Increased understanding of how fire rated construction applies to different building materials.
- Increased understanding of structural detailing for fire rated construction.
ES2AIA117 - BIM Clash Detection and Top 10 Coordination Items
- Understand steps for proper modeling for clash detection.
- Setting up clash tests.
- Understand what clash detection won’t detect.
- Know top 10 coordination items.